No practices until Monday, April 6.
14 High Performance and 14 Navy faced each other in the finals of last weekend’s Energy Amp’d Tournament with Navy coming out on top. Congrats to both teams, who picked up wins of local rival Velocity.
Club Momentum partners with several local Park Districts for a Spring mini-travel league for boys and girls in grades 5-8.
This volleyball program combines the “fundamentals-focused” instruction players would receive in a clinic, with the “teamwork-focused” competition of a club. Practices focus on volleyball fundamentals and working together, and build up to team competition. Team sizes will be kept small and players will play all the way around.
Overall program logistics:
- All programs being the first week of April
- Practices are once a week for 90-120 minutes
- Teams will play Sunday play dates from 1-3 p.m. beginning in May
- Teams will be separated by grade/age
- All players will receive a t-shirt jersey
Click on the links for full program logistics and fliers with information on how to sign up:
- Glencoe Park District
- Park District of Highland Park
- Lake Forest Park District
- JCC Northbrook (New in 2015)
Changes to this year’s Program:
Schedules Already Confirmed
No more on one weekend and off another! We have scheduled all play dates — Sundays from 1:00-3:00 p.m. on the dates below. Locations will be at one of the Park District gymnasiums and will be announced in April.
- May 3
- May 17
- May 31
- June 7
No More Matches Outside Your Age
7th and 8th graders will play 7th and 8th graders
5th and 6th graders will play 5th and 6th graders
Girls will play girls, boys will play boys
No More Reffing
Teams will play the full time they are assigned. Reffing will be done by Club Momentum athletes.
Huge congratulations go out to 18 High Performance! They finished their Power League season on a tear, winning their last 14 matches straight. They won their division and received medals. Congrats girls!
More kudos go out to 13 High Performance for their tournament victory at the Tornadoes Challenge. Great job, ladies!
When it comes to club volleyball, you have several options in northern suburbs. At Club Momentum, we differentiate ourselves from the others on the following levels:
- Limited team sizes – Team sizes are limited to maximize playing time, both in practice and at tournaments.
- Coach to player ratio – We are very proud of our coach to player ratio — 1 coach for every 6 players. By investing in our coaching staff, we ensure that our players get more individual attention and feedback thereby speeding their improvement.
- Experience – The program is owned and operated by collegiate level coaches and utilizes area high school and junior high coaches. Our staff has experience playing and coaching volleyball at a high level.
- Training the “all around player” – We prepare every single athlete for success in multiple positions. By avoiding specialization at a young age, our athletes can transition to numerous positions at the next level without dealing with a learning curve.
- Volleyball IQ – We don’t just coach players on what to do and where to go. We help them understand the “why,” creating stronger, smarter athletes.
- Communication and organization – We pride ourselves in 100% transparency with parents and players. We continually communicate throughout the year to make sure that parents are in the loop on everything; from tournaments and practices to playing time and strategy.
- Consistency – We have consistent practice times and locations. No week to week carpool scrambling.
- Results - Last year, we had two players in our program who were cut from their junior high teams. This year, both made their programs – one making the freshman A team!
To learn more about girls club volleyball, click here.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Executive Director, Matt Switzer at email@example.com or 312-504-4697.