Beach Club (Competitive)
WHO: Boys and Girls in Grades 7-12
WHAT: Beach Club Volleyball
WHEN: Week 1 (all ages) July 28-August 1; Week 2 (junior high only) August 4-8 (Junior High from 9:00-10:30 a.m. and High School from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
WHERE: Forest Park Beach in Lake Forest
COST: $125/player/week (includes all fees, except for $12 AAU membership)
Teams will practice Monday-Friday during this time and compete in competitive beach tournaments — The AAU Windy City Championships (August 2) and the NVL Rox Beach Tour Championships (August 9 & 10) – on the weekends. Players need to sign up AS TEAMS OF TWO to participate in this program.
This program is limited to 8 teams total. Click here to register!
Beach Clinic (Beginners/Introductory)
In tandem with the Lake Forest Park District, Club Momentum will be offering an introductory beach clinic for boys and girls in grades 3-8 from July 14-18.
WHO: Boys and Girls in Grades 3-8
WHAT: Beach Volleyball Clinic
WHEN: July 28-August 1 (Grades 3-5 from 1:00-2:30 p.m. and Grades 6-8 from 2:30-4:00 p.m.)
WHERE: Forest Park Beach in Lake Forest
COST: $100 ($125 non-resident)
Click here to register.
Junior High Pre-Tryout Clinic
In tandem with the Park District of Highland Park, Club Momentum will be offering a pre-tryout clinic for girls in junior high (Grades 7-8). The clinic will focus on preparing athletes for their school tryouts.
WHO: Girls in Grades 7-8
WHAT: Pre-Tryout Clinic
WHEN: Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00-7:30 p.m. beginning August 8 and ending August 20 in Highland Park
WHERE: Week 1 at the Rec Center; Week 2 at the West Ridge Center
COST: $79 (resident and non-resident)
Register today as space is limited! Click here to register (use code 32682).
Junior Spikers – Introduction to Volleyball Clinic
In tandem with the Park District of Highland Park, Club Momentum will be offering a Junior Spikers clinic for girls in grades 5-6 to learn the sport of volleyball. Each clinic will instruct participants on all aspects of volleyball in a fun environment!
WHO: Girls in Grades 5-6
WHAT: Introduction to Volleyball Clinic
WHEN: Mondays from 6:00-7:30 p.m. from August 25-October 6
WHERE: Recreation Center of Highland Park
COST: $110 (resident and non-resident)
Click here to register (use code 32681).
When it comes to club volleyball, you have several options in northern suburbs. At Club Momentum, we differentiate ourselves from the others on the following levels:
- Limited team sizes – Team sizes are limited to maximize playing time, both in practice and at tournaments.
- Coach to player ratio – We are very proud of our coach to player ratio — 1 coach for every 6 players. By investing in our coaching staff, we ensure that our players get more individual attention and feedback thereby speeding their improvement.
- Experience – The program is owned and operated by collegiate level coaches and utilizes area high school and junior high coaches. Our staff has experience playing and coaching volleyball at a high level.
- Training the “all around player” – We prepare every single athlete for success in multiple positions. By avoiding specialization at a young age, our athletes can transition to numerous positions at the next level without dealing with a learning curve.
- Volleyball IQ – We don’t just coach players on what to do and where to go. We help them understand the “why,” creating stronger, smarter athletes.
- Communication and organization – We pride ourselves in 100% transparency with parents and players. We continually communicate throughout the year to make sure that parents are in the loop on everything; from tournaments and practices to playing time and strategy.
- Consistency – We have consistent practice times and locations. No week to week carpool scrambling.
- Results - Last year, we had two players in our program who were cut from their junior high teams. This year, both made their programs – one making the freshman A team!
To learn more about girls club volleyball, click here.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Executive Director, Matt Switzer at email@example.com or 312-504-4697.
Are you interested in coaching club volleyball?
Club Momentum is now hiring experienced, enthusiastic volleyball coaches for the 2014-2015 club season. Our organization focuses on not only player development, but coach development. We offer a fun, flexible work environment with very competitive compensation. To submit your resume, email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.