Thank you to everyone who tried out for Club Momentum youth teams! Our U14 and U13 High Performance and Club teams are currently full. If you are in 5th or 6th grade and interested in playing club volleyball, email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW HIGH SCHOOL TRYOUT TIMES AND LOCATIONS
9th and 10th Grade
Sun. Oct 26 – 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Joy of the Game, 158 S. Waukegan Road in Deerfield
9th and 10th Grade
Sun. Oct. 26 – 3:30-5:30 p.m. at IC Parish Center, 770 W. Deerfield Road in Highland Park
High School (9th -10th Grades) Tryout Make-Up Dates
Tues. Oct. 28 – 7:30-9:30 p.m. at IC Parish Center, 770 W. Deerfield Road in Highland Park
Thurs. Oct. 30 – 7:30-9:30 p.m. at IC Parish Center, 770 W. Deerfield Road in Highland Park
Sun. Nov. 2 – 4:30-6:30 p.m. at IC Parish Center, 770 W. Deerfield Road in Highland Park
There will be a brief parents meeting after each tryout to discuss program logistics and answer any questions parents may have. Tryout results will be posted by 9:00 p.m. the day of tryouts.
Click here for the official USAV age definition chart.
Click here to register.
When it comes to club volleyball, you have several options in northern suburbs. At Club Momentum, we differentiate ourselves from the others on the following levels:
- Limited team sizes – Team sizes are limited to maximize playing time, both in practice and at tournaments.
- Coach to player ratio – We are very proud of our coach to player ratio — 1 coach for every 6 players. By investing in our coaching staff, we ensure that our players get more individual attention and feedback thereby speeding their improvement.
- Experience – The program is owned and operated by collegiate level coaches and utilizes area high school and junior high coaches. Our staff has experience playing and coaching volleyball at a high level.
- Training the “all around player” – We prepare every single athlete for success in multiple positions. By avoiding specialization at a young age, our athletes can transition to numerous positions at the next level without dealing with a learning curve.
- Volleyball IQ – We don’t just coach players on what to do and where to go. We help them understand the “why,” creating stronger, smarter athletes.
- Communication and organization – We pride ourselves in 100% transparency with parents and players. We continually communicate throughout the year to make sure that parents are in the loop on everything; from tournaments and practices to playing time and strategy.
- Consistency – We have consistent practice times and locations. No week to week carpool scrambling.
- Results - Last year, we had two players in our program who were cut from their junior high teams. This year, both made their programs – one making the freshman A team!
To learn more about girls club volleyball, click here.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Executive Director, Matt Switzer at email@example.com or 312-504-4697.
Are you interested in coaching club volleyball?
Club Momentum is now hiring experienced, enthusiastic volleyball coaches for the 2014-2015 club season. Our organization focuses on not only player development, but coach development. We offer a fun, flexible work environment with very competitive compensation. To submit your resume, email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.