Parent Meeting Notes
Practices are mandatory and we expect all athletes to attend practice unless they are ill or have a scheduled conflict (school sport, extracurricular activity). If an athlete is unexpectedly unable to attend practice, the athlete must contact the coach no less than two hours before the practice is scheduled to begin. Players will be expected to arrive at the gym 15 minutes prior to practice.The practice environment is a place to work and improve your skills. Our goal is to create better player and with that improved team play will follow. We will recognize the following rules:
- Volleyball shoes will be worn inside the gym, and NEVER outside
- During cold weather, athletes should be adequately clothed entering and exiting practice
- All club practices are open to parent observation, but all contact with athletes is prohibited — we want you to observe our practice environment, but not interfere with our develop
One High Performance practice per week is open to parents — see below for the breakdown of which:
13 Orange and 13 Navy – Tuesdays at the IC Parish Center from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
14 Orange – Tuesdays at the HP Rec Center from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
15 Orange – Mondays at the IC Parish Center from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
15 Navy – Wednesdays at the IC Parish Center from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
16 Orange – Tuesdays at the HP Rec Center from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
18 Orange – Tuesdays at the Sach’s Center from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Tournaments are held on Saturdays or Sundays and typically run from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and consist of 6-match pool play. Some single day tournaments (non-Power League dates) may include tournament play following pool play. Tournaments can last as long as eight to 10 hours with teams often playing between five and six matches.Players and parents should be reminded that bringing outside food to tournaments is strictly prohibited. With this in mind, players are responsible for eating appropriately for an active day.Please review your tournament schedules in close detail and block these dates out on your calendars. Club Momentum athletes are required to attend all competition dates unless written explanation is provided to the coach and director no less than one month in advance of the first day of the event. All athletes must complete officiating duties prior to leaving an event.
- This is, in our opinion, the best tournament out there –its impeccably run, has a very high level of competition, and in a fantastic venue
- $500/athlete, which includes new custom jersey, registration fee, coach payment, hotel, per diem
- Parents are responsible for the transportation of their athletes to and from the event and all costs associated with transportation and housing
Once distributed, players must wear Club Momentum practice apparel (not game jerseys) to every practice. Spandex is required to be worn at its appropriate length. Players should arrive at practice 15 minutes early and be dressed and ready to participate in practice at the scheduled time.
At the beginning of the year, every Club Momentum player will receive a volleyball as part of their apparel package. It is required that they bring this USAV-approved ball to every practice and tournament. It is important that they write their name and club on the ball.
- Schedule and logistically arrange Team Bonding events (ideally before tournaments begin)
- When traveling, arrange for team Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/other activities
- Tournament team bonding – ribbons at each event, bonding activities during down time, etc.
- Work as the parent communication conduit to the coach, club director, and team parent liaison
All of your travel hotel logistics are located on your team pages. Please visit these in the next week or so and make your travel bookings.